Thursday, August 6, 2009

Out and About


I admit that I'm a bit anxious about getting out with Caroline. We made our first trip by ourselves to my parents' house (Papa and Gigi's) on Tuesday. I was a nervous wreck the entire drive. I didn't even make it out of the neighborhood before stopping to make sure she was okay in her carseat. She just looks so uncomfortable in that thing. Of course, she was fine and we made it without incident. Caroline spent the morning with Gigi so I could run some errands and have lunch with a friend. Then Caroline got to spend time with her cousins, Anna Claire and Summer. I think she was a little overwhelmed with the all the action as she did not really sleep at all during the day. She was restless through the evening, but slept okay that night (thank goodness!).
Today, she and I had another outing - a public one! We went to lunch with Tracy and Ellie, Jennie Bradford, Emily, Leslie, Miley, and Rebecca. She fussed for a little bit until I figured out that she was absolutely burning up in her carseat. I felt like an awful mom, and I'm sure that won't be the last time I'll feel like that. Once I rectified the situation, she was a doll. She just took in the scenery at the restaurant and didn't make a peep. Such a fun time! Earlier that morning, Jeffrey had taken her to work so I could go to a new member meeting for Tupelo Woman's Club. He said she slept the entire time, so he was able to get almost an hour of work done. She has definitely had a full day!

No comments:

Post a Comment